Wednesday, September 24, 2014

36 Weeks Pregnant With Baby #2:

How far along? 36 Weeks 
Total weight gain: ~ 16 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Best moment this week: Having my baby shower
Miss anything? Being able to bend over to reach things, being able to stand for more than 5 minutes, not being so emotional, not having anxiety attacks
Movement: Super active
Food cravings: Pumpkin everything
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at the moment
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: exhaustion, braxton hicks, frequent urination, back pain, unable to stand for long periods of time
Belly button in or out? Out just a smidge
Wedding rings on or off? On, and very loose
Happy or moody most of the time: Getting a little better
Looking forward to: Meeting my baby girl

This week the baby is still approximately the size of a honeydew melon, at 5.78 lbs. in weight, and 18.66 inches in length.

"Your baby weighs about six pounds (2.5kg) and will gain approximately one half of a pound per week from now until birth. The protective fat layer will make up about 15 percent of his weight at birth. Even though his gums have ridges that look a bit like teeth, the real ones won't make their appearance until about four or five months after birth. His cheeks are developing fat, creating that lovely chubby appearance. If you're carrying twins, you may go into labor anytime. Your baby is probably sleeping about 90 percent of the time. There isn't much room to move around anymore, although you will still be feeling regular movements. If you notice a dramatic increase or decrease in movement compared to your baby's normal daily activity, call your doctor immediately for further advice and directions. Don't wait for your next appointment, and never think your concern is silly. The doctor will probably ask you to come in for an ultrasound, so as to check your baby's heartbeat."

This week I went in for my 37 weeks update, and she started on the pelvic exams. We discussed that next week I'd like to get my membranes stripped to help hopefully jumpstart labor, so that I don't have to be induced in 3 weeks, and then she did the exam and said that she doesn't think I'll need it because I'm already 2cm and 70% effaced. I think with Sophia when I went in to have her after having my membranes stripped twice, I was 3 cm and 50% effaced. So I'll also be walking and sexing a lot. Haha. Also, later that day, I lost my plug at Target, and then went to my NSTs later that evening and they told me that I was having a lot of contraction activity, and I continued to until around 2am that morning, so fingers are crossed that she is coming soon.  Everything has been put together, her co-sleeper is up and in my room, her clothes have all been washed, the carseat has been installed, my hospital bag is packed except for my going home outfit, and toiletries. Sophia's "sibling gift" is already in the car so it doesn't get forgotten. My sister is going to come over today so that we can talk about what she'll need to know if it happens in the middle of the night and she comes over to stay with Sophia. It's all becoming very very real, and I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment