Monday, October 6, 2014

38 Weeks Pregnant With Baby #2:

How far along? 38 Weeks 
Total weight gain: ~ 17 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No
Best moment this week: Spending time with family in the most beautiful fall weather
Miss anything? Being able to bend over to reach things, being able to stand for more than 5 minutes, not being so emotional, not having anxiety attacks, not having teasing contractions
Movement: Super active
Food cravings: Pumpkin everything, olive garden
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not at the moment
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: Contractions, lots of contractions
Symptoms: exhaustion, frequent urination, unable to stand for long periods of time, contractions, leaking breasts
Belly button in or out? Out just a smidge
Wedding rings on or off? On, and very loose
Happy or moody most of the time: Stressed, but mostly happy
Looking forward to: Meeting my baby girl in a few days

This week the baby is still approximately the size of a watermelon, at 6.80 lbs. in weight, and 19.61 inches in length.
"Your baby's skull is still soft to allow for the trip through your birth canal. Some of the tiny bones in his body won't fuse together until after birth. At this point your little one is ingesting a lot of amniotic fluid, which is resulting in the build-up of meconium, (the first bowel movement that he will have after birth). Your baby's tiny fingernails continue to grow but are kept soft inside your uterus. Be prepared to cut them shortly after giving birth. Your baby is gaining about one ounce every day at this stage. The lubricant that will keep the lungs from sticking together during breathing is being readily produced."

Today I went in for my 39 week checkup. I was 4 cm, 70% effaced when I came in and 5 cm when I left, after she re-stripped my membranes. Also, we will officially have our baby girl no later than midweek. :) I am feeling both ecstatic, nervous, and anxious. I can't wait, and yet there's that tiny tinge that yells "Omg, am I really ready for this?! Can't I really do it!?" I know ultimately that I am and that we are going to be just the happiest family of four ever, but at the moment it's all just a rush of emotion. I've found myself crying like three times today and just feeling so overwhelmed. I tidied up the living room just a little today, and am going to make some homemade blueberry muffins tomorrow to bring to the hospital with us. The plans are all in place for different scenarios for Sophia. The only things left to put in my bag are the toiletries and such. I never did get a baby book. We looked today and the only place that had them was Hallmark, and there was this beautiful pink one that I loved, and wanted to get. It even had two little pockets in there for her first tooth and first haircut, but when I flipped it over and saw it was $40, I shot it a "hell no you aren't coming home with me" look. Tomorrow I'm also going to try to remember to make David set up the tripod when he gets home from work, so that we can take one last "family of three" photo, and an updated "hey, I'm about to pop" photo. :) I'm so glad we got to take Sophia to Seaworld this weekend though so that we could at least do one last fun thing with her before her baby sister comes. On the flip side though, she said the sweetest thing tonight when I was getting her ready for bed. "Mommy, I'm going to be sad while Rosalie is still in your tummy. Rosalie is sad too, but when she comes out, we are going to be so happy! Melt...That kid is going to be the best big sister ever! I love her so damn much!

No comments:

Post a Comment