Wednesday, October 15, 2014

So Scary....TMI ahead..One Week Update

Oh my god. So today I am officially one week postpartum, and today I had my first postpartum BM. Mind you, I had 2nd degree tearing, which from what I've recently learned, is basically the equivalent to having had an episiotomy. I have been TERRIFIED of this moment. So afraid I would just tear back open, and the pain that would come from it. I am so happy to say that it was all in my head. There was no pain, only some strange pressure, and I didn't realize how much I'd been suppressing it due to fear, but my god. It was a lot. I am so glad now to know though that it's totally okay, and safe, and that I'm not going to be turning over in pain. Milestone complete.

I've been breastfeeding like a beast, I'm down to 126.6 lbs., and bleeding is minimal this time.


In other sweet baby news...at 2 days old, Rosalie turned over onto her side, and also lifts her head quite high when laying on my chest. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment