Monday, May 2, 2011

Introduction..

First let me start by introducing myself. My name is Erin, and I am 26 years old. My husband David and I have been married for 5 years this year, and decided back in May of last year that it was time for us to start trying to have a baby. When I was young, I was irregular, so I began taking birth control pills at the early age of 15, and have been on them every since, until this past June. Unfortunately, because of having been on the pill for so long, my body stopped producing the proper hormones. 

December came, and I still had not menstruating or ovulating again. In January, I saw the Dr., and he began me on Progesterone pills. I immediately got my first period since June, but then nothing came again for two months. I went back in March, and he decided to give me three months of progesterone and clomid to try and jump start my own hormones again. I have now completed two rounds of progesterone and one round clomid, and still nothing, and it's now been 11 months since I've been off of the pill. As of next week, I will begin yet another round of the hormones in hopes of getting my body to begin working again.

This has been a very emotionally draining process, and I can only imagine that it will continue to get worse in that manner as these next two months pass. But I wanted to share my journey with you, as both a way to let you in on my experience, as well as an outlet for the things that I am going through. 

There are a lot of things that I am feeling right now. Such as frustration with myself for my body not cooperating with the medications. Fear for if these medications simply do not begin working. Fear of the what it will cost me to attempt IVF should this not work. Sadness that I tried to do everything right and in the right order, and am having so much trouble. Jealously of those that have no trouble at all, and get to feel the happiness, love, and joy of being pregnant. 

This is my journey, and I welcome you to join me on it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment