Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scary And Exciting..

Today I had my first Dr.'s appointment. They did some blood work (5 viles worth of blood), did a pelvic exam, and did my first ultrasound. :) Based on what we can figure, it looks like I'm about 4.5 weeks pregnant. Going to the Dr. was both scary and exciting. Exciting for obvious reasons, a little scary just because I was on my own, but I'll survive. My next appointment is the 20th, when I'm at 8 weeks and hopefully will be able to hear a heartbeat then, assuming I make it that far. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just know that a lot of people have miscarriages at first, and want to be prepared regardless. But the good news is, it's all a step in the right direction for now. Right now I'm ridiculously tired because I only got in about 3.5 hours of sleep lastnight before I had to get up for the appointment. So I think I'm going to finish watching Glee, and then go take a nap for a little while, now that I've eaten something.


No comments:

Post a Comment