Thursday, January 26, 2012

Second Times A Go...

Today we went back in for our 39 week checkup. I am still only 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. Given the gestational diabetes, even though my numbers have been good, they do not want me to go past 40 weeks. So today, she re-stripped my membranes again to see if we can get this going on it's own. Should she not decide to come on her own, as of this coming Wednesday, Feb 1., I will be going in at 7am to be induced. My biggest fear about induction was that it increases your chances of C-Section, and I do NOT want a C-Section. However, because of my health and Sophia's health, my Dr. believes that I am not at any real risk for C-Section, and that since my body is taking it's own initiative, albeit a little slow, that the pitocin should work rather quickly, rather than slowing my labor. If when I come in, if I am dilated to 4 cms, then she will try to break my water first and see if we can do it without the use of meds. We'd tried to schedule it for Monday, Jan. 30th, but both of the spots were already taken. However, should either of those women go into labor beforehand, they will call me and I will go in Monday morning at 7am for induction. I am just praying at this point now that she doesn't come this weekend, because the one Dr. that I don't like is the one that will be on call. So fingers are crossed that it's Monday, but Wednesday works too. :) So either way, we will officially be inviting our brand new daughter into the world within a week's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment